1. Limit the Number of Plug-ins that you Use ( You need to remove unwanted plug-ins from the blog. It may increase the page load time )
2. Optimize Images – You can also optimize images before uploading them to WordPress. ( Use thumbnail images instead of full size images ).
3. Turn off Post Revisions
4. For a Minimalist Theme – You will need to simplify your theme or choose another ( Simple and Best [ Minimal amount of custom codes , images and graphics ] ).
5. Don’t Rely on External Websites – ( Load scripts, images and videos directly from your websites. Don’t rely on external websites ).
7. Avoid Flash Content : Unless you are running a huge and popular site , it is better to avoid flash content and any other plug-ins related to flash. They take more time to load.
8.Avoid Gadgets and Widgets.