Coming Soon Page is a great way to keep your website under wrap while you work on it! On different occasions, you might need to redesign your Website layout or maybe you are launching a brand new website. And clearly, nobody wants their visitors to see the website while it is under construction for very obvious reasons. This is when you need a good Coming Soon Page.
Create A WordPress Coming Soon Page with Elementor
Combine the Coming Soon Page with a Countdown element and a Newsletter Subscription element and you have got yourself a strong Landing Page! In this blog, you will learn how to Create A WordPress Coming Soon Landing Page in 5 Minutes! Are you asking yourself what does it take to create a Coming Soon Page for WordPress! If so, you are asking the right question! And the answer is Elementor and 5 minutes of your time! Yes! without further ado, let’s get started!
Step 1: Create a Coming Soon Template
- Open your WordPress Dashboard and Navigate to Elementor>My Template.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Select a Template type and give a name to the Template.
- When you are done, hit the green Create Template button!
Step 2: Customize the Coming Soon Page
As soon as you click on the Create Template button, it will open the Elementor Editor.
Don’t worry, as you don’t need to create a Coming Soon page from the ground up! You can always use the built-in Elementor templates. But first, let’s fix the layout of the page.
- Click on the little gear icon from the Elementor Footer Panel and select Elementor Canvas from the Page Layout Drop-Down!
- The Elementor Canvas layout gives you a lot of free space! Now, click on the Add Template button!
- This will open the Elementor Library Pop-up. Type down Coming Soon inside the search bar. You get a total of 10 Coming Soon Templates, of which 6 comes with the Elementor PRO version. Let’s use the template Coming Soon 3 for this illustration.
Step 3: Customize the Template
The Coming Soon Template has a nice big title at the top followed by some text and a nice Countdown element.
Well, we can’t use the Template as it is. We need to make some customization to fulfill our requirements. Let’s get to work!
- Click on the Heading section to change the heading. You can directly type in the new Heading inside the Elementor interface or use the text field at the right-hand side of the Elementor Interface. And there is another Heading element and a Text element in this template, change it the same way.
- Now let’s edit the Countdown Element. Actually, this is the easiest part. Select the Countdown element and use the Drop-Down to specify a time.
So, once you are done customizing the template click on the Save Draft button from the Footer Panel. Now we can move on to the last and final step.
Step 4: Set the Template as your Coming Soon Page
- Get back to the WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Elementor>Tools>Maintenance Mode.
You will see three fields listed under the Maintenace Mode.
- Choose Coming Soon from the first drop-down.
- Keep the second drop-down as it is. Keeping Logged In as your selected option will allow only logged in users to access the website during this time. And anyone who isn’t logged in will only see the Coming Soon page.
- Pick the Template that you just created from the third drop-down. If you can’t find the template you just created, this means you have not published it. So make sure you publish the template before setting it as the Coming Soon Page for your Website.
Once you are done hit the Save Changes button and you are good to go.
To see if it worked, you need to log out of your Website and visit the front-end. If you still find something wrong, make sure to double check the instructions laid down in the above section.
Did you find this blog hard to follow? Please let us know where you need further clarification. In the meantime here is a quick blog on How To Create a Better Pricing Page.
Will You Recommend Our Plugin To Your Friends?
4 thoughts on “Create A Stunning ‘Coming Soon’ Page in 5 Minutes With Elementor!”
¡Muchas gracias por la explicación! Un saludo desde Sevilla, España.
Thank your for this guide, this is much appreciated!
This was straightforward and really helpful. I’m new to WordPress and this made it easy. Thanks so much!
Thank you for this! I’ve followed the instructions and my “coming soon” page displays on all my website pages EXCEPT my home page (hayleytapper.com)
Any idea why how to fix this?